The 50L duffel from Aasgard is a very exciting idea — massive space in a weatherproof simple duffel with backpack straps. (The shoulder straps could use an update though.)
- Massive capacity — 50L is HUGE! Tons of space for everything.
- Kinda uncomfortable — if you pack it out really full it’s not the most comfortable bag. When it’s not too heavy, it’s totally fine.
- No laptop pocket — adds a little hassle to TSA security.
- Weather proof — fabric and zips are excellent at handling weather and keeping your gear dry.
- Tons of handles and lash points — grip it, rip it, clip it.
Other Bags to Check Out:
A very well designed, stylish travel bag for one-bag travel with enough pockets, organization and access to make travel smooth.
The Venturesafe X40 from Pacsafe is a multi-purpose 40L backpack with a ton anti-theft features.
The GR2 from GoRuck will last your entire life, features a segmented main compartment, is extensible with pouches and accessories and boasts a very rugged, handsome look.
The Setout from Tortuga is one of our highest recommended travel bags because it has tons of capacity and organization and a very comfortable back panel and straps.