The 50L duffel from Aasgard is a very exciting idea — massive space in a weatherproof simple duffel with backpack straps. (The shoulder straps could use an update though.)
- Massive capacity — 50L is HUGE! Tons of space for everything.
- Kinda uncomfortable — if you pack it out really full it’s not the most comfortable bag. When it’s not too heavy, it’s totally fine.
- No laptop pocket — adds a little hassle to TSA security.
- Weather proof — fabric and zips are excellent at handling weather and keeping your gear dry.
- Tons of handles and lash points — grip it, rip it, clip it.
Other Bags to Check Out:
The Litehaul 38 from Kathmandu is capable, stylish, boasts a very interesting pocket configuration and a more comfortable than normal harness system.
The Topo Travel bag has a playful style, which I like a lot, but it is very serious about being a great travel bag. This is a classic.
The Aeronaut from Tom Bihn is an excellent duffel/backpack conversion bag with minimal organization and insanely durable materials and construction.
A very well designed, stylish travel bag for one-bag travel with enough pockets, organization and access to make travel smooth.
The Travel Bag from Peak Designs is an extremely well designed, quality bag for modern carry-on adventure and business travel.