The 50L duffel from Aasgard is a very exciting idea — massive space in a weatherproof simple duffel with backpack straps. (The shoulder straps could use an update though.)
- Massive capacity — 50L is HUGE! Tons of space for everything.
- Kinda uncomfortable — if you pack it out really full it’s not the most comfortable bag. When it’s not too heavy, it’s totally fine.
- No laptop pocket — adds a little hassle to TSA security.
- Weather proof — fabric and zips are excellent at handling weather and keeping your gear dry.
- Tons of handles and lash points — grip it, rip it, clip it.
Other Bags to Check Out:
The Hexad Access Duffel from Wandrd is a highly organized bag with multiple large compartments that's great for anyone traveling with a serious camera setup.
The Black Hole Duffel from Patagonia is called the "black hole" because it fan fit all your stuff.
Miles the Duffel 40L from Millican is a sturdy little companion for travel (so long as you don't have to walk long distances with your bag!).
A truly lightweight and sturdy bag that can carry literally everything you can throw at it AND make the load as comfortable as possible to carry.
DSPTCH hand-makes bags here in the USA and the Travel Pack is a great example of the kind of extremely durable designs they put together.