The Prima System from Boundary Supply is, to me, the best in this category of kickstarter-y tech/camera/daily-carry because of the material feel and functionality in use.
- Materials are dense and enjoyable to use. Instead of being some hard, thick, unwieldy stuff, this 500D DWR Kodra has a nice amount of both sturdiness and give.
- The back panel and straps are the most comfortable in this class. EVA foam with lots of ventilation and vertical weight distribution from the top of the bag to the center of gravity in the hips.
- Lots of nice pockets in varying sizes both inside and outside of the bag (for first-order access).
- VERY LOVELY MATERIALS and details throughout the bag, from the fidlock magnetic clips to the Nywool and magnetic closure in the quick access pockets.
- They integrate the camera cube excellently. Besides the Peak designs (which basically IS a camera cube), this is the best I’ve seen in a functional daily backpack.
Other Bags to Check Out:
The GR2 from GoRuck will last your entire life, features a segmented main compartment, is extensible with pouches and accessories and boasts a very rugged, handsome look.
A gorgeous messenger bag with a kind of modern urban-alpine aesthetic and absolutely lovely, dense, long-haul materials.
This is what I call the "badass bargain option." Everything you need in a daily carry, organized innovatively so it stays fun to use, and it's super affordable.
I love how functional a solid rolltop bag can be, and this is one of my favorite rolltop bags.
The Everyday backpack from Peak Design is delightfully innovative and thoughtfully conceived. It's definitely a design for the centuries.