A really solid feeling bag with lots of pockets both inside and outside the bag and enough capacity for the minimal traveler.
- Great feeling materials. Thick, durable, water resistant outer shell, solid zips and pulls, great straps and back padding. It all adds up to a nice, dense, quality feeling in packing and traveling with the bag.
- A sleek-tech kind of look to the bag. The kind of thing Tony Stark or Elon Musk acolytes might feel very comfortable in (this is a compliment to the style, not a dig).
- Capacity is “medium” 1-bag travel to me; in the same category as the Minaal Carry On. So, it’s neither a large travel bag or a small one. Makes it great for minimal travel, not so great as a daily carry bag once you get to your destination.
- 2 Medium pockets on the outside of the bag, laptop pocket, two zipped medium organizing pockets inside the bag, one large main compartment for clothing.
- Ultimately a very capable bag that can be a travel companion for years to come. I just wish it was either bigger or smaller.
Other Bags to Check Out:
The X25 from RiutBag is an utterly functional travel and daily conversion backpack that also has an important security feature.
The little brother to the Tortuga Setout, the Setout Divide from Tortuga is a full-featured bag for the style-casual modern minimal traveler.
The ATD1 is an expandable backpack you can use for both travel and daily carry. Looks pretty damn good too. One of the best in this category for sure.
A medium-large sized travel bag with sturdy, rigid outer material, a couple external pockets and a removable internal divider that makes for actually a pretty interesting way of accessing things in transit.
This is the bag that started it all for me. The Carry On backpack from Minaal is one of the professional traveler's best friends with its sleek design, killer materials and medium sized capacity for minimal travel.