Is this just, like the most quality built affordable carry-on travel backpack? It just might be.
- Built REALLY well — Mystery Ranch knows how to make shit that lasts. 500D cordura, 200D nylon liner, YKK zips,
- Tons of capacity split between two compartments — the organization is nice and the compartments are roomy. 43 liters!
- Comfortable straps are removable — they have some nice padding and mesh and can be tucked away. i
- Satisfactory external pockets — need these suckers when you’re in transit. This setup is satisfactory.
- Check for carry on sizes — this thing is actually pretty large. I worry for sure about those budget euro options who may force you to check it. 22″x13″x11″
Other Bags to Check Out:
The Aeronaut from Tom Bihn is an excellent duffel/backpack conversion bag with minimal organization and insanely durable materials and construction.
A truly lightweight and sturdy bag that can carry literally everything you can throw at it AND make the load as comfortable as possible to carry.
The Federate Adapt from Kathmandu converts between three separate modes: a 28L daily carry bag, a 38L carry-on travel bag, and a 50L check-in bag.
The Blink & Wander packs from Timbuk2 are tough, rigid little numbers for travel with unfortunately weak feeling zippers.