A very innovative backpack for either large daily carry or serious travelers who need one bag for both travel and daily carry. This is a winner for me in the medium size 1-bag travel category.
- First, it is a very competent large-capacity daily carry bag. 2 external access pockets, laptop pocket and a large front flap with internal pocket panel give it solid organization. Then you have the large internal space for any extras you need to take. The bag is larger than most of the daily carry bags I use, but it’s not too large to carry at all.
- The aesthetic is sleek and modern. Fits in a movie like Mission Impossible. It’s mostly a bag that doesn’t say too much… it does a lot, doesn’t say much.
- Solid but uninspired materials. I like the main fabric, 800D lightweight, water resistant polyester blend with some details coated in PU+PVC (handles and bottom front panel). It feels durable. And I like the PU+PVC coated bottom-front bit. However, making the organization panel out of the 800D material feels weird, like that’s a place you can give us a little detail. The mesh inside the quick access pocket, the liner for the laptop, these feel a little uninspired to me, and I love it when a bag inspires me. Same with the PVC coated handle… Everything DOES feel solid, durable, but I want a little more tactile interest in the next update to this bag… because it’s gonna be around a while.
- It’s a very worthy minimal travel backpack. One of the (many) zippers expands and contracts the main compartment from 24L to 33L, making quite a bit of room for your clothing and travel gear when fully expanded. Comparable to the Minaal Carry On, Heimplanet Transit, etc.
- There are LOTS of zippers on this bag. You will need to take seriously your zipper strategy because some of them you will not be using very much, but others you will be using multiple times a day. I wish they would have made some distinctions on the zipper pulls.
Other Bags to Check Out:
An extremely versatile and feature rich bag that doesn't look half bad, the Errant has lots of organization in an innovative pack for everyday use. One of my favorites.
At first glance it looked weird. Then I used it for a couple days. Good god does this bag do it all well. Seriously, so much organization, so well built.
The Locker Pack from Ryu is an insanely innovative bag for daily carry.
One of the highest rated daily backpacks in the world due to it's accessibility, organization, comfort and capacity. Stick to it for some time and you'll see what we mean. Dad-bag looks tho.
Ok, these bags from Nomatic are chock full of pockets. There are 2 different bags: the Travel Pack expands up to about 30L, perfect for short trips and minimal travel. The Backpack is 20-24L daily carry. Both are very sleek and, like I said, so many pocketzzz!