A truly lightweight and sturdy bag that can carry literally everything you can throw at it AND make the load as comfortable as possible to carry.
- Ultra lightweight materials that feel excellent in use.
- The shoulder straps, hip straps and back support on this thing are literally incredible. Makes any load feel carry-able for hours.
- Tons of capacity. So much space inside and the top is adjustable to fit a ton of gear or just a little.
- Huge stretchy pocket on the outside of the bag along with two water bottle sized pockets on the left and right of the bag make for easy grab and go type storage.
- Only one external pocket (in the lid of the bag). But it has lots of space and is easy to get stuff in and out of. Easier to use this than many other more modern/technical travel bags.
- Segmented pouch you could use for a laptop inside the bag. (I use my own laptop case and just throw it in the bag.)
Other Bags to Check Out:
The ATD1 is an expandable backpack you can use for both travel and daily carry. Looks pretty damn good too. One of the best in this category for sure.
The Outbreaker backpack from Tortuga is a solid 1-bag travel pick. I personally prefer the less bulky (and more spacious) experience of traveling with the Tortuga Setout, so be sure to check out that bag too. This Outbreaker, however, has quite a bit more padding and protection around the entire bag, so if you know you'll have delicate stuff inside you may prefer this one.
The Duffelpack from Peak Design expands from 45L to 65L (a little too large for carry-on on most airlines), has backpack straps that hide away, is made of weatherproof material and is a durable and organized companion for LOTS of different kinds of adventures.
The Knack Pack from Knack is a surprisingly great backpack for both daily carry and travel... it expands and collapses and has a solid look for professionals out there.
The Pakt One travel bag is a stylish and extremely well thought through over-the-shoulder bag for conscientious travelers.