Easily one of my favorite bags for serious urban and outdoor daily carry. The Alpha 31 from Remote Equipment is a delight to use and will remain durable for years and years.
- Built extremely well… this thing is a goddam delight from detail to detail and every panel in between. Durability for days, and a few nice touches in stretchy materials as well.
- Unique aesthetic… to me this is the backpack Elon Musk chooses for his personal militia.
- Utterly comfortable straps and back panel… squishy enough, rigid enough.
- Solid external access… tenderloin pockets, quick access pocket, excellent water bottle pockets.
- Does *not* stand up… the bottom is designed for distributing weight for carry, not for standing up next to the table at the cafe.
- Spendy tho… it’s not cheap. So you gotta ask yourself if you deserve it.
Other Bags to Check Out:
The Atlas Executive Holdall from Waterfield is an excellent large-ish capacity shoulder bag designed to help you shift seamlessly from tech gear to gym gear.
The Everyday Sling from Peak Designs is a truly innovative, functional and delightful little sling with an insane number of thoughtful features for the size.
The DUO from Wandrd is a killer daily tech rambler with enough organization for the most fussy among us and solid weather protection for all your tech gear.
The Everyday Messenger from Peak Design is a delightfully innovative messenger, with the capabilities to be used as both serious office bag and adventure photography/drone bag.
The Conceal Pack from Brown Buffalo is built like a tank with a minimal, sleek silhouette.