Easily one of my favorite bags for serious urban and outdoor daily carry. The Alpha 31 from Remote Equipment is a delight to use and will remain durable for years and years.
- Built extremely well… this thing is a goddam delight from detail to detail and every panel in between. Durability for days, and a few nice touches in stretchy materials as well.
- Unique aesthetic… to me this is the backpack Elon Musk chooses for his personal militia.
- Utterly comfortable straps and back panel… squishy enough, rigid enough.
- Solid external access… tenderloin pockets, quick access pocket, excellent water bottle pockets.
- Does *not* stand up… the bottom is designed for distributing weight for carry, not for standing up next to the table at the cafe.
- Spendy tho… it’s not cheap. So you gotta ask yourself if you deserve it.
Other Bags to Check Out:
The Axiom 18 pack from Triple Aught Design is a compact, stealthy little daily carry that can handle heavy duty organization and bad weather.
The Citadel from Black Ember is a daily carry and gear backpack that comes in two flavors: a minimal, sleek version, and a modular, "customize this sucker!" version.
The Hideout Pack from Everyman is a solid take on a street/urban/heritage bag with lots of organization at an affordable-ish price point.
The Mountain Briefcase from Topo has been one of my favorite personal daily carry bags due to it's look and feel as well as the perfect size for my style of daily carry.
The Akra backpack from Arcido is designed to be a minimal travel bag with clean looks and plenty of organization and pockets.