Easily one of my favorite bags for serious urban and outdoor daily carry. The Alpha 31 from Remote Equipment is a delight to use and will remain durable for years and years.
- Built extremely well… this thing is a goddam delight from detail to detail and every panel in between. Durability for days, and a few nice touches in stretchy materials as well.
- Unique aesthetic… to me this is the backpack Elon Musk chooses for his personal militia.
- Utterly comfortable straps and back panel… squishy enough, rigid enough.
- Solid external access… tenderloin pockets, quick access pocket, excellent water bottle pockets.
- Does *not* stand up… the bottom is designed for distributing weight for carry, not for standing up next to the table at the cafe.
- Spendy tho… it’s not cheap. So you gotta ask yourself if you deserve it.
Other Bags to Check Out:
A very functional eco-friendly bag, the Wayks One expands and compresses into multiple different functions, making it a great bag for daily and travel use.
The GR2 from GoRuck will last your entire life, features a segmented main compartment, is extensible with pouches and accessories and boasts a very rugged, handsome look.
A surprisingly solid backpack for both daily carry and travel. Organization, professional looks and an expand/collapse feature for travel conversion.
This backpack from Baron Fig is really thoughtful, minimal and useful. Lovely daily carry bag.
The Aer Duffel Pack is not the tool for every job, but for particular uses it just might be perfect for you.