Easily one of my favorite bags for serious urban and outdoor daily carry. The Alpha 31 from Remote Equipment is a delight to use and will remain durable for years and years.
- Built extremely well… this thing is a goddam delight from detail to detail and every panel in between. Durability for days, and a few nice touches in stretchy materials as well.
- Unique aesthetic… to me this is the backpack Elon Musk chooses for his personal militia.
- Utterly comfortable straps and back panel… squishy enough, rigid enough.
- Solid external access… tenderloin pockets, quick access pocket, excellent water bottle pockets.
- Does *not* stand up… the bottom is designed for distributing weight for carry, not for standing up next to the table at the cafe.
- Spendy tho… it’s not cheap. So you gotta ask yourself if you deserve it.
Other Bags to Check Out:
The Hideout Pack from Everyman is a solid take on a street/urban/heritage bag with lots of organization at an affordable-ish price point.
A very clean, minimal, stylish and extremely lovely to use daily carry bag from one of our favorite new bag companies.
A unique daily carry bag with rock-solid build quality and a killer external pocket setup from a classic American brand.
The Aer Duffel Pack is not the tool for every job, but for particular uses it just might be perfect for you.
The Wilderness Rucksack from Tanner Goods is a gorgeous, artisan, hand-shucked heirloom bag that your grandpa would be proud of (whichever one of your grandpas was more badass).