The X25 from RiutBag is an utterly functional travel and daily conversion backpack that also has an important security feature.
- Totally secure — no one can access this bag when it is on your body.
- Travel & daily carry expansion — This sucker expands out to a full size carry on bag, and then in shrinks down to a rather minimal daily carry. One of the best executions of that I’ve seen.
- Well built — cordura, YKK zips, nice thick mesh for comfort on the straps and back panel.
- Sorta delightful aesthetic — It’s quite a delightful little bag in how it’s been designed, the way the materials feel, and the overall vibe of the bag.
- But does it suck to access the bag through the back all the time? Kinda. But it’s not a deal breaker and that’s the price you pay for security and expandability in a stylish form.
Other Bags to Check Out:
Expensive, but it's got an amazing warranty. A simple, understated, powerful bag that will gladly see you through anything in life.
The Staad Backpack from Waterfield almost looks like a piece of art. It's beautifully designed (and functional as a mthrfkr!).
The Weekender Backpack from North St. is a handmade bag from Portland, OR purpose built for water resistant minimal travel. Solid external organization + materials, detachable daypack accessory.
The Setout Laptop Backpack from Tortuga is an excellent bag for minimal travel AND daily carry.
The Pioneer from North St. is an exceptional little fanny pack/sling bag made with classic bag making techniques by hand in Portland, Oregon.