The X25 from RiutBag is an utterly functional travel and daily conversion backpack that also has an important security feature.
- Totally secure — no one can access this bag when it is on your body.
- Travel & daily carry expansion — This sucker expands out to a full size carry on bag, and then in shrinks down to a rather minimal daily carry. One of the best executions of that I’ve seen.
- Well built — cordura, YKK zips, nice thick mesh for comfort on the straps and back panel.
- Sorta delightful aesthetic — It’s quite a delightful little bag in how it’s been designed, the way the materials feel, and the overall vibe of the bag.
- But does it suck to access the bag through the back all the time? Kinda. But it’s not a deal breaker and that’s the price you pay for security and expandability in a stylish form.
Other Bags to Check Out:
The Locker Pack from Ryu is an insanely innovative bag for daily carry.
The Daypack from Qwstion has serious design chops. It's simple and elegant with thoughtful organization for modern business folks who need backpack/briefcase conversion. It even works to wear with a suit!
A perfectly sized bag for tight daily carry packed up in a very modern, functional package.
The Classic Backpack Plus from Bellroy has a clean aesthetic, lots of organization and some excellent build and materials... well suited to be your everyday carry for work.
The Day Sling from Aer is a stylish smaller sling with a bunch of organization for minimal daily carry.