A very sophisticated and classy take on the classic backpack, but with modern improvements for us tech-workers.
- It’s a kind of “looks and feels nice” that isn’t just appearance. The organization is strong too. Separate laptop compartment, outer pocket, inner pockets, even a flap for charging your phone on the go.
- The nylon and leather are excellent and give off a very Mercedes + Gucci kind of feel. I’ll bet it lasts for a long time, too.
- The price isn’t *all* that bad given the quality of the materials and the functionality of the organization.
- I *do* kind of wish there was some dimension in some of these smaller pockets built into the bag. Not a deal breaker though, since most of us buying the bag are doing so for the high-fashion aesthetic.
- All in all I think this guy did a great job with this bag.
Material Choice:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
Build Quality:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
Water Resistance:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
External Access:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
Internal Organization:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
Carry Comfort:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
Doesn't Look Weird:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
Other Bags to Check Out:
The Pioneer from North St. is an exceptional little fanny pack/sling bag made with classic bag making techniques by hand in Portland, Oregon.
This is what I call the "badass bargain option." Everything you need in a daily carry, organized innovatively so it stays fun to use, and it's super affordable.
At first glance it looked weird. Then I used it for a couple days. Good god does this bag do it all well. Seriously, so much organization, so well built.
The Axiom 18 pack from Triple Aught Design is a compact, stealthy little daily carry that can handle heavy duty organization and bad weather.
The Day Tote from Qwstion is a remarkably designed bag that's surprisingly awesome to use.