Traveling with SOLID snacks can make the whole experience of travel better.
Here’s some of my favorite snacks to have in bulk so I can grab and go whenever I need them…
Fats & Proteins:
You still think fats are bad? We’ve come a long way since the food pyramid, y’all.
When you can give yourself some fats and proteins from actually solid nutrition sources your whole outlook on life and travel and being “in the flow” can change.
- Caveman Foods Paleo-Friendly Nutrition Bar — I try not to be too sensational when it comes to nutrition, but these bars are legit. Solid ingredients AND it gets me most of the way to the feel of a snickers. Their protein bar is real good too.
- SuperFat — holy shit. Get them now. Great fats from nut butters, little pouches you shoot straight into your mouth. I get a sustainable energy from these that gets me easily through the hangries.
- Nick’s Sticks — solid affordable meat sticks… grass fed beef, pastured birds, minimal processing, no chemical bullshit. (See more meat sticks and jerky below.)
Holy shit I love this stuff. Single serve packets that help me every time I travel. (Mushrooms are incredible at supporting nervous and immune systems.)
For travel & carry:
- Four Sigmatic Mushroom Elixers — Use code CHASER15 for 15% off. These are amazing to start the day with… fucking mushrooms for your health, man!
- Coffee + lions mane + chaga — Lions mane + chaga help your nervous system ride out the coffee buzz smoother. This is excellent in a bind.
- Chaga Elixir — this is tasty, I use it instead of coffee in the morning because the chaga is a superfood that helps with inflammation, immune system support, blood sugar and a host of other stuff.
- Lions Mane Elixer — this stuff is KILLER. Helps support your nervous system in all kinds of ways, even supporting you against anxiety and depression. Love it.
- Mushroom Focus Shot — 40mg caffeine + lions mane in a perfect little shot. This has saved my bacon a few times nowadays.
For the home:
- Morning time: Primal Kitchen chocolate collagen. A scoop of this WITH a solid dab of butter and coconut oil PLUS a little of the chaga + lions mane coffee in the morning… feels great. (bonus tip: add a pinch of ashwaganda and a quarter of a tables spoon each of organic turmeric, organic ginger, and acacia senegal for a damned badass breakfast cocktail.
- Evening time: a scoop of Organifi Gold with the same butter and coconut oil. I use less water in this one. It’s so damn tasty, and it’s got reishi and magnesium for the sleepy times. (Add a couple drops of arnica for fun dreams and deep sleeps.)
Dark chocolate is one of the best things in life. Learn to love it responsibly and you’ve got a rich friend for life (who won’t addict you the same way every other candy bar will).
- Chocolove 70% — I love taking a bar of this wherever I go for a little nibble. Makes me feel relaxed and pleasant. Pound for pound the best bite per dollar in my book. Other flavors I like: the 80% for when I want to feel more grown-up, the peppermint for when i’m sharing with kids.
- Askinosie Chocolate — it’s expensive, but definitely my favorite online-order-able chocolate to date.
Listen, nuts and seeds with a little dried fruit (just a little cuz dried fruit has lots of sugars) is, for many of us health nuts, just the best damn, most rich and nourishing and affordable and non-perishable (when stored right)
- Bulk Trailmix — It’s from your super market! get it in bulk. Have a separate bag at home that you fill and take on the go. Get some seeds and nuts in you!
- Raw Superfoods Trail Mix — if you can’t do the bulk thing (possibly a lot cheaper!), here’s a good trail mix to get on amazon.
More Meat Sticks, Jerky and Bars:
- RX Bars — my go-to snack bar these days. I prefer things with more seeds and nuts, personally, but this ingredient list is killer and I always feel great.
- Thunderbird Bars — when I get sick of the RX bars I switch to these. Solid.
- Epic Bars Variety Pack — these are the rich, wholistic protein source I’ve always got in my bag right now. Even when they don’t taste good, they feel like real food.
- Nick’s Sticks — solid affordable meat sticks… grass fed beef, pastured birds, minimal processing, no chemical bullshit.
- Mighty Meat Sticks — a little more expensive, but these are very high quality and taste great.
- Tanka Buffalo Bites — solid stuff…
- Epic Bars — these are seriously deep nutrition when you’re on the road. They aren’t my favorite tasting things, but they make me feel excellent for several hours.
- Brooklyn Biltong — from all my research this is apparently basically the best “jerky” you can get… extremely natural, extremely simple, extremely nourishing.