This is the bag that started it all for me. The Carry On backpack from Minaal is one of the professional traveler’s best friends with its sleek design, killer materials and medium sized capacity for minimal travel.
- A very good looking and well built bag. This thing is sleek in both aesthetics AND in what it’s like to travel with.
- It won’t break down on you anytime soon because it’s made from excellent materials and built well.
- The capacity is medium sized to me. Other carry on bags can easily fit more stuff. But that’s intentional on this bag — the designers wanted a bag this size so they travel only with what matters… because when you travel lighter, you’ve got more freedom to explore.
- Decent organization. Two external pockets on the top of the bag and a laptop and document compartment on the back of the bag. When the bag is totally packed out it makes getting into these pockets a drag. As with all travel bags, don’t overpack!
- Does not work as a daily carry bag when you get to your destination. It’s floppy and much bigger than you’d like it to be. This is ultimately why I started looking for other bags.
Material Choice:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
Build Quality:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
Water Resistance:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
External Access:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
Internal Organization:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
Carry Comfort:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
Doesn't Look Weird:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
Other Bags to Check Out:
The Duffelpack from Peak Design expands from 45L to 65L (a little too large for carry-on on most airlines), has backpack straps that hide away, is made of weatherproof material and is a durable and organized companion for LOTS of different kinds of adventures.
The Setout from Tortuga is one of our highest recommended travel bags because it has tons of capacity and organization and a very comfortable back panel and straps.
The CTB40 from Evergoods is a mean, sleek and minimal bag for professional travelers and unique gear hauling jobs. Limited external access, but excellent to use with a second smaller bag.
Expensive, but it's got an amazing warranty. A simple, understated, powerful bag that will gladly see you through anything in life.
The Knack Pack from Knack is a surprisingly great backpack for both daily carry and travel... it expands and collapses and has a solid look for professionals out there.