The Hexad Access Duffel from Wandrd is a highly organized bag with multiple large compartments that’s great for anyone traveling with a serious camera setup.
- Solid look — my wife says it’s too “bro/military” feeling, but lots of us like that look.
- Large capacity — excellent for one bag travel.
- Nice clothing/gear organization — you may really like the organization of the main compartment into 3 different “cubes”. I certainly do.
- Can be used with a camera cube — they make a camera cube that you can use in one of the main compartments… features access to the camera cube from the outside of the bag!
- Material is rigid and zippers are a little stiff — this is one of the bummers on this bag. But it’s only about a 20% bummer… not a full bummer.
- Not quite enough organization for my in-transit needs — Tortuga’s Setout Travel Backpack, for example, has a lot more first-order access to tech organization.
Build Quality:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
Water Resistance:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
Internal Organization:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
Carry Comfort:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
If you're athletic, this bag will be fine. But if you want something comfortable, I recommend looking elsewhere because the cutouts in the straps can get very uncomfortable.
Doesn't Look Weird:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
Hip and chunky look that I personally like.
Other Bags to Check Out:
The GR2 from GoRuck will last your entire life, features a segmented main compartment, is extensible with pouches and accessories and boasts a very rugged, handsome look.
The Pakt One travel bag is a stylish and extremely well thought through over-the-shoulder bag for conscientious travelers.
A very innovative backpack for either large daily carry or serious travelers who need one bag for both travel and daily carry. This is a winner for me in the medium size 1-bag travel category.
Smith the Roll Pack from Millican is a perfect eco-friendly rambler for daily adventures that's built excellently, has plenty of room for your stuff, but still looks good when it's not totally full.
The Setout from Tortuga is one of our highest recommended travel bags because it has tons of capacity and organization and a very comfortable back panel and straps.