The Hexad Access Duffel from Wandrd is a highly organized bag with multiple large compartments that’s great for anyone traveling with a serious camera setup.
- Solid look — my wife says it’s too “bro/military” feeling, but lots of us like that look.
- Large capacity — excellent for one bag travel.
- Nice clothing/gear organization — you may really like the organization of the main compartment into 3 different “cubes”. I certainly do.
- Can be used with a camera cube — they make a camera cube that you can use in one of the main compartments… features access to the camera cube from the outside of the bag!
- Material is rigid and zippers are a little stiff — this is one of the bummers on this bag. But it’s only about a 20% bummer… not a full bummer.
- Not quite enough organization for my in-transit needs — Tortuga’s Setout Travel Backpack, for example, has a lot more first-order access to tech organization.
Material Choice:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
Build Quality:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
Water Resistance:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
External Access:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
The smaller organization on the outside of this bag leaves much to be desired for me.
Internal Organization:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
Carry Comfort:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
If you're athletic, this bag will be fine. But if you want something comfortable, I recommend looking elsewhere because the cutouts in the straps can get very uncomfortable.
Doesn't Look Weird:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
Hip and chunky look that I personally like.