The Hexad Access Duffel from Wandrd is a highly organized bag with multiple large compartments that’s great for anyone traveling with a serious camera setup.
- Solid look — my wife says it’s too “bro/military” feeling, but lots of us like that look.
- Large capacity — excellent for one bag travel.
- Nice clothing/gear organization — you may really like the organization of the main compartment into 3 different “cubes”. I certainly do.
- Can be used with a camera cube — they make a camera cube that you can use in one of the main compartments… features access to the camera cube from the outside of the bag!
- Material is rigid and zippers are a little stiff — this is one of the bummers on this bag. But it’s only about a 20% bummer… not a full bummer.
- Not quite enough organization for my in-transit needs — Tortuga’s Setout Travel Backpack, for example, has a lot more first-order access to tech organization.
Material Choice:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
Build Quality:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
Water Resistance:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
External Access:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
The smaller organization on the outside of this bag leaves much to be desired for me.
Internal Organization:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
Carry Comfort:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
If you're athletic, this bag will be fine. But if you want something comfortable, I recommend looking elsewhere because the cutouts in the straps can get very uncomfortable.
Doesn't Look Weird:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
Hip and chunky look that I personally like.
Other Bags to Check Out:
The Federate Adapt from Kathmandu converts between three separate modes: a 28L daily carry bag, a 38L carry-on travel bag, and a 50L check-in bag.
The CTB40 from Evergoods is a mean, sleek and minimal bag for professional travelers and unique gear hauling jobs. Limited external access, but excellent to use with a second smaller bag.
The Dayfarer backpack is one designer's take on the perfect bag for work and gym.
The Travel Bag from Peak Designs is an extremely well designed, quality bag for modern carry-on adventure and business travel.
The Locker Pack from Ryu is an insanely innovative bag for daily carry.