The Hexad Access Duffel from Wandrd is a highly organized bag with multiple large compartments that’s great for anyone traveling with a serious camera setup.
- Solid look — my wife says it’s too “bro/military” feeling, but lots of us like that look.
- Large capacity — excellent for one bag travel.
- Nice clothing/gear organization — you may really like the organization of the main compartment into 3 different “cubes”. I certainly do.
- Can be used with a camera cube — they make a camera cube that you can use in one of the main compartments… features access to the camera cube from the outside of the bag!
- Material is rigid and zippers are a little stiff — this is one of the bummers on this bag. But it’s only about a 20% bummer… not a full bummer.
- Not quite enough organization for my in-transit needs — Tortuga’s Setout Travel Backpack, for example, has a lot more first-order access to tech organization.
Material Choice:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
Build Quality:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
Water Resistance:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
External Access:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
The smaller organization on the outside of this bag leaves much to be desired for me.
Internal Organization:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
Carry Comfort:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
If you're athletic, this bag will be fine. But if you want something comfortable, I recommend looking elsewhere because the cutouts in the straps can get very uncomfortable.
Doesn't Look Weird:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
Hip and chunky look that I personally like.
Other Bags to Check Out:
Smith the Roll Pack from Millican is a perfect eco-friendly rambler for daily adventures that's built excellently, has plenty of room for your stuff, but still looks good when it's not totally full.
One of the highest rated daily backpacks in the world due to it's accessibility, organization, comfort and capacity. Stick to it for some time and you'll see what we mean. Dad-bag looks tho.
The Homebase series from Tortuga features this incredibly lightweight sailcloth material that's water resistant and super strong. (It feels light and scary! But it's damn strong stuff.) This makes for an incredibly light and resilient travel bag.
Miles the Duffel 40L from Millican is a sturdy little companion for travel (so long as you don't have to walk long distances with your bag!).
An extremely solid everyday backpack suited for carrying lots of gear or compressing down to a minimal daily carry haul. One of my favorite all-around bags.