The Daylight Backpack from Tom Bihn is a workhorse of a packable daypack.
- Made with great materials… Tom Bihn does excellent work here. Even the zipper (which on first glance might look cheap to you) you may come to realize is one of your favorite zippers.
- Very lightweight but durable… run this thing through your tests and you’ll see it can survive just about anything you put it through.
- Decent weather resistance… good enough for most of my travels, but some of you may want to opt for something more water resistant.
- Perfect capacity for daily use… it fits more than you might think. But it also keeps you from cramming in too much crap.
- I lay it flat on top of my clothes and it takes no room in my larger travel bag.
Be sure to check out the list of my favorite packable daypacks.
Other Bags to Check Out:
At first glance it looked weird. Then I used it for a couple days. Good god does this bag do it all well. Seriously, so much organization, so well built.
The Travel Sling from Aer is a stylish, well made daily sling that fits up to a 13" laptop.
The Brain Bag from Tom Bihn is one of those lifelong companion bags — built to last for decades to come and designed with enough pockets and organization to be your constant helper, once you go brain it's hard to go back.
A very innovative backpack for either large daily carry or serious travelers who need one bag for both travel and daily carry. This is a winner for me in the medium size 1-bag travel category.
The Aer Duffel Pack is not the tool for every job, but for particular uses it just might be perfect for you.