The Daylight Backpack from Tom Bihn is a workhorse of a packable daypack.
- Made with great materials… Tom Bihn does excellent work here. Even the zipper (which on first glance might look cheap to you) you may come to realize is one of your favorite zippers.
- Very lightweight but durable… run this thing through your tests and you’ll see it can survive just about anything you put it through.
- Decent weather resistance… good enough for most of my travels, but some of you may want to opt for something more water resistant.
- Perfect capacity for daily use… it fits more than you might think. But it also keeps you from cramming in too much crap.
- I lay it flat on top of my clothes and it takes no room in my larger travel bag.
Be sure to check out the list of my favorite packable daypacks.
Other Bags to Check Out:
An utterly functional daypack in a tight little package with some modern metro styling.
The ATD1 is an expandable backpack you can use for both travel and daily carry. Looks pretty damn good too. One of the best in this category for sure.
A perfectly sized bag for tight daily carry packed up in a very modern, functional package.
The Bravo 18 from Remote Equipment is a simple 18L bag featuring minimalist philosophies and strong design chops.
The Travel Sling from Aer is a stylish, well made daily sling that fits up to a 13" laptop.