The Daylight Backpack from Tom Bihn is a workhorse of a packable daypack.
- Made with great materials… Tom Bihn does excellent work here. Even the zipper (which on first glance might look cheap to you) you may come to realize is one of your favorite zippers.
- Very lightweight but durable… run this thing through your tests and you’ll see it can survive just about anything you put it through.
- Decent weather resistance… good enough for most of my travels, but some of you may want to opt for something more water resistant.
- Perfect capacity for daily use… it fits more than you might think. But it also keeps you from cramming in too much crap.
- I lay it flat on top of my clothes and it takes no room in my larger travel bag.
Be sure to check out the list of my favorite packable daypacks.
Other Bags to Check Out:
The Go packable backpack from Aer definitely provides more than most packable backpacks.
The Staad Backpack from Waterfield almost looks like a piece of art. It's beautifully designed (and functional as a mthrfkr!).
Ok, these bags from Nomatic are chock full of pockets. There are 2 different bags: the Travel Pack expands up to about 30L, perfect for short trips and minimal travel. The Backpack is 20-24L daily carry. Both are very sleek and, like I said, so many pocketzzz!
The Dashpack Mark II from Arktype has lots of small organization and some very modern styling in a tight, sleek 15L daily carry.
The RiutBag Crush is a packable daypack made from minimal materials so you can easily fit it into the corner of any travel bag you use.