The Daylight Backpack from Tom Bihn is a workhorse of a packable daypack.
- Made with great materials… Tom Bihn does excellent work here. Even the zipper (which on first glance might look cheap to you) you may come to realize is one of your favorite zippers.
- Very lightweight but durable… run this thing through your tests and you’ll see it can survive just about anything you put it through.
- Decent weather resistance… good enough for most of my travels, but some of you may want to opt for something more water resistant.
- Perfect capacity for daily use… it fits more than you might think. But it also keeps you from cramming in too much crap.
- I lay it flat on top of my clothes and it takes no room in my larger travel bag.
Be sure to check out the list of my favorite packable daypacks.
Other Bags to Check Out:
The Staad Backpack from Waterfield almost looks like a piece of art. It's beautifully designed (and functional as a mthrfkr!).
The Brain Bag from Tom Bihn is one of those lifelong companion bags — built to last for decades to come and designed with enough pockets and organization to be your constant helper, once you go brain it's hard to go back.
A modern and elegant take on the classic, expandable roll-top bag. Excellent materials, lots of expandable capacity, lovely to use on the regular.
The Mountain Briefcase from Topo has been one of my favorite personal daily carry bags due to it's look and feel as well as the perfect size for my style of daily carry.
An extremely solid, minimal daily carry with enough tactical connections for you to customize however you want.