Classy heritage vibes. Dry finished waxed canvas. Solid modern organization. Hand shucked in Scotland. Made for the long-haul.
- Materials on this bag are excellent. I love how they bound the edges of the straps and flaps with waxed cotton… nice touch.
- The metal latches will take some getting used to, but they’ll last a million years… I use them all the time on one of my bags and, while it’s definitely some cognitive load, I also respect the bag enough that it feels kind of like a nice moment in my day.
- I like the two tall pockets on the front of the bag. Nice organization.
- Lots of space for daily carry, but not the biggest bag out there. This is made to be stylish and useful, not massive and spacious.
- Laptop pocket with a little bit of organization on a panel round out the inside of the bag.
Video about this backpack:
420gsm dry finished waxed canvas. Hand shucked in Scotland. Stylish aesthetic.
Two front pouches, one book/document pouch, inner top zippered pocket, padded and suspended laptop sleeve, two water bottle pockets (no stretchiness, but they fit med-lrg sized bottles/umbrellas).None but the water bottle pockets are easily accessible when the top flap is clipped down.
Material Choice:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
400gsm, flourocarbon free Scottish waxed canvas. Feels so good to the touch. Lots of density, heft. Holds it's shape even when not full. The dry finish doesn't have a waxy residue at all.
Build Quality:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
Solid. Great company. Have a program to repair their bags if anything goes wrong.
Water Resistance:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
As long as you have the top flap positioned correctly, the water resistance is excellent. (Though I wouldn't stand out in the rain for long, personally.)
External Access:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
All we got is the water bottle pockets for external access. Everything else requires opening the top flap. Security minded folks, this is a good thing for you.
Internal Organization:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
Actually a surprising amount of organization once you've opened the top flap. Two front pouches, a book/document pouch, inner top zip pocket, padded suspended laptop compartment, main compartment, two external water bottle pockets.
Capacity:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
17L capacity is what Trakke claims. Seems larger than that. Visibility down to the bottom of the bag isn't great, though, so you'll want to optimize for tall pouches so you can see at the top as much as possible. Definitely gets harder to use when it's packed out full.
Carry Comfort:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
Straps are great. Back panel is simple dry finished waxed canvas (no mesh or air channels).
Doesn't Look Weird:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
Expertly hits the "playful professional" vibe for me. Material density, vintage rucksack vibe, just enough visual detail, and plenty of functionality. Hits my boxes.
Extra Score:Sub-Par Satisfactory Excellent
Giving Trakke an extra point here for having such a commendable company ethos, clearly visible in this bag and the array of their product line in general. Thanks for the companions, Trakke!