A gorgeous bag with a kind of modern urban-alpine aesthetic and absolutely lovely, dense, long-haul materials.
- Materials on this bag are excellent. I love how they bound the edges of the straps and flaps with waxed cotton… nice touch.
- The metal latches will take some getting used to, but they’ll last a million years… I use them all the time on one of my bags and, while it’s definitely some cognitive load, I also respect the bag enough that it feels kind of like a nice moment in my day.
- I like the two tall pockets on the front of the bag. Nice organization.
- Lots of space for daily carry, but not the biggest bag out there. This is made to be stylish and useful, not massive and spacious.
- Laptop pocket with a little bit of organization on a panel round out the inside of the bag.
Video about this backpack:
Other Bags to Check Out:
The Staad Backpack from Waterfield almost looks like a piece of art. It's beautifully designed (and functional as a mthrfkr!).
The Pioneer from North St. is an exceptional little fanny pack/sling bag made with classic bag making techniques by hand in Portland, Oregon.
The Travel Sling from Aer is a stylish, well made daily sling that fits up to a 13" laptop.
The Mercator from Cecilia is an absolutely gorgeous, hand crafted backpack with loads of organization, customizable photo and tech storage and great external access.
The Everyday backpack from Peak Design is delightfully innovative and thoughtfully conceived. It's definitely a design for the centuries.