The Setout Laptop Backpack from Tortuga is an excellent bag for minimal travel AND daily carry.
- Great capacity for minimal travel — 25L, 2.8 lbs.
- Great organization setup for travel + daily carry — laptop section, main compartment, tech section, quick access pocket. The internal org inside both the laptop section and the tech section are both great. And the tech section has some 3D space built in for shoving larger items in.
- Great feeling materials — 900D heathered polyester, ripstop liner, YKK zippers, decent mesh, padded handles.
- Extremely comfortable straps + back panel — very strange looking but comfortable straps. Back panel has thick padding, lots of channels for air to move.
- What’s the downside:
- it may be too small of a travel bag for some, and it may be too big of a daily carry for others.
- It doesn’t have quite the sexy, urban, hip aesthetic some may desire.
- It’s not American made… made in China.
Other Bags to Check Out:
The Blade 28 from Arcteryx is a slimline, functional bag designed for both travel and daily carry.
Expensive, but it's got an amazing warranty. A simple, understated, powerful bag that will gladly see you through anything in life.
The Day Sling from Aer is a stylish smaller sling with a bunch of organization for minimal daily carry.
The Transit Sling from Heimplanet is a smaller daily sling bag made with an interesting and nice feeling outer material.
The Tech Sling from Aer boasts a solid amount of organization and space for loose gear. Features a space for a 13" laptop.