The Setout Laptop Backpack from Tortuga is an excellent bag for minimal travel AND daily carry.
- Great capacity for minimal travel — 25L, 2.8 lbs.
- Great organization setup for travel + daily carry — laptop section, main compartment, tech section, quick access pocket. The internal org inside both the laptop section and the tech section are both great. And the tech section has some 3D space built in for shoving larger items in.
- Great feeling materials — 900D heathered polyester, ripstop liner, YKK zippers, decent mesh, padded handles.
- Extremely comfortable straps + back panel — very strange looking but comfortable straps. Back panel has thick padding, lots of channels for air to move.
- What’s the downside:
- it may be too small of a travel bag for some, and it may be too big of a daily carry for others.
- It doesn’t have quite the sexy, urban, hip aesthetic some may desire.
- It’s not American made… made in China.
Other Bags to Check Out:
A compact and more "built for everyday uses" version of their infamous GR1, this Echo pack from GoRuck is the kind of bag you buy once and use for decades.
This bag from Filson is easily one of my favorite briefcase-type bags due to it's excellent materials, organization, and classic aesthetic.
A very sophisticated and classy take on the classic backpack, but with modern improvements for us tech-workers.
The Assynt 20L from Trakke is a very stylish, classy daily carry backpack built from Scottish dry-finished waxed canvas to be your companion for any setting in the modern world, from co-working spaces and board rooms to rivers, valleys and mountain tops.
The Day Sling from Aer is a stylish smaller sling with a bunch of organization for minimal daily carry.